Search This Blog

Thursday, February 7, 2013

FABruary Week One!


I love a photo challenge... they feed my instagram addiction! (find me @saregiak)... I have been an eager participant in Photo a Day by Fat Mum Slim where you are given a word or three and have to take a photo - capturing or inspired by the prompt and share it on your chosen social medium(s). I will publish a post over the next couple of days with January's photos and start doing updates on what I have posted for February....

But this post is about a completley different challenge. A style challenge created by Andrea the wonderful woman behind Fox in Flats encouraging and assisting mothers to keep up their style and be inspired by fashion! I Love this site. I am not a mother, but as a full time worker I find the tips and tricks on this site to be incredibly useful, and totally inspiring as a relatively newbie trying to breakthrough into the world of styling and blogging.

So February, is now Fabruary (click the link to check out Andrea's post)... one item or prompt listend for each day, all you have to do is use the item or prompt and style it within or as your outfit.. So much fun! A challenge too when I have a structured work uniform (scrubs) and I try to think outside the box or atleast aim to showcase my individual style so it stands out from all the thousands of uploaded photos. It also means that you can push yourself out of your comfort zone and try new styles or items you have kept 'just in case'.
I love that the hashtag (#fabruary and #foxinflats) has opened me up to another aspect of the styling world I love, I get to obsess over styling and fashion every single day. Below are the prompts followed by the first seven days I have so far completed...

Fabruary Week One! From Fox in Flats .. 01.02.13-07.02.13
 
Day One: Sunglasses
Vintage Styled Leopard Print Sunglasses (perfect stylish look to cover day after nightshift eyes!)
 
 
Day Two: Glitter
Anyone who knows me is well aware that glitter or shimmer in my makeup is nothing new.. But rarely (except for new years eve and a night in Las Vegas in 2012) have I created an entire 'eye' out of glitter. I was in a smokey eye mood this day, so created it all out of glitter using products from Australis, Kat Von D and UrbanColour Makeup... with made up brows of course!

 
Day Three: Checks/Plaid
Had so many options but settled on a vintage cropped jacket I purchased two and a half years ago from an opshop (steal at $10).. Has a tweed look with some mauve through it - perfect with my new mani (which I got on day one). Loved the look, hadn't worn this item in 2 years!

 

Day Four: Ponytail.
The aim was to break away from your standard or go-to pony. I went for a 90s flashback -think almost baby spice or the like. Was a very fresh feeling look and I loved the compliments I recieved! Will add it to my own looks now. Had a side part which turned into two twists, scrunched pony for some body and hair wrapped around/concealing elastic.
 
 
Day Five: Leather
Vintage Jacket I had originally purchased from Kiss My Button Vintage paired with a long, slouchy t-shirt and blue accessories with naturally curled hair.. No makeup as off to get a facial!
 
 
Day Six: Green
Had to go to work for a long-ish shift... had to be a bit subtle with the green so put on my black eyeliner - with winged tips of course and then 'shadow lined' that eyeliner with mint green eyeliner.. Loved it SO much that I have added flecks of green since then!
 
 
Day Seven: Statement Earrings
I had a 12hour shift at work and cannot wear long earrings. So at first I was stumped. BUT...today I wore statement studs.. well to be honest, I don't even think they can be called studs! Each one is as big as my thumb, they are Leopards - black and gold- with holes for a mouth cut out. I got so many comments on them today, so they definitely created some impact!
 
 
 
Have you joined FABruary?? If so, please comment where you are uploading and I will keep an eye out for your pictures! I will do a weekly roundup for the next three weeks but you can check in daily via instagram (@saregiak) or twitter (@sarahgiak). Which day do you like best so far?
 
Kooklah Xx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment