Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

March Style Madness Week Four- Wrap UP!


As you should all by now know -  I am thoroughly obsessed and fascinated by the Fox In Flats and the beautiful foxy woman behind it all, Andrea. The guidelines of the style dare are pretty simple, you look at the list of prompts that Andrea provides which are allocated to particular days. Then, using that prompt, you style a look or outfit, and share on facebook, instagram, twitter, your blog - where is up to you! Use the hashtag #foxinflatsstyledare so people can find your shots. There are a huge amount of people who take part so the more unique or 'outside the box', the better!

March's prompts:

 
Week Four consisted of lots of eyeliner, black, accessories and total styling fun! Here are the shots from this week (23.03.13 - 31.03.13) which I share on instagram (@saregiak) then linked to facebook and twitter (@sarahgiak). These dares have opened me up to a whole new world of real women who love and enjoy beauty, fashion and styling ...great to connect with these women, we have begun following each other - I look forward to certain women's uploads. Truth be told, we are a foxy lot!
 
Day Twenty Three - Rock Chic
 
Rock Chic-k ...loooooved this day! Nothing better then dressing with edge and making an impact! I took inspiration from one of my favourite rock chicks Chrissie Hynde from The Pretenders ... rough quiff, dark eyes, red lips, pleated peplum top, black jeans and black ankle boots with zips. I chose a song to pair with this (also from The Pretenders), 'Brass in Pocket' "Got something, I'm winking at you ... Gonna make you, may you, make you notice..."
 
Day Twenty Four - Zipped Up
 
One of my favourite clutches, tiered metallic material with zips. A great size and adds something a little different to an outfit. Can wear with a casual outfit as well as for more formal occasions
 
Day Twenty Five - Silver
 
This was a complete random pick for an outfit - was chosen as one of the highlight pics of the day by Andrea and I have decided I will be packing it for my Europe trip. I paired it with black jeans and basic ballet flats. A matte silver slouchy t-shirt and embellished silver flower necklace. LOVE!
 
Day Twenty Six - Bed Head
Bed hair- this day was a much needed excuse for a stylised bed head look.. quiff, weave, twist and a sneaky plait or two... no styling tools or brushes used.
 
Day Twenty Seven - Pearls
 
This is one of my favourite necklaces, a four strand pearl tiered necklace. Mid-length joining the strands is a bar of diamontes, adds a bit of spark. I have used this necklace to dress up as Holly Golightly for a Valentine's Day viewing of Breakfast at Tiffanys one year. This day I paired with a simple black shift dress and wayfarers ... an easy way to dress similar to Audrey's Holly...
 
Day Twenty Eight - Black Beauty
 
I had a long 12hour shift this day so I decided to focus on my makeup for this style dare. I used black liquid eyeliner with a slight cat-eye and some grey eyeshadow. Added a touch of gold eyeliner to add some pop and provide contrast with the black. Some slicks of black mascara and the look is complete.
 
Day Twenty Nine - Memory Clothes
 
A lightweight button up shirt (plaid flanno inspired) worn open over a blank tank top and black skinny jeans. This outfit reminds me instantly of year 12 and the group I hung out with - music lovers and musicians with a love for house parties ... one of the greatest and fun times of my life. Andrea chose this as one of the highlight shots for this day. I used my London travel book as a contrast between the past, present and future. Will be taking this shirt with me on my travels...
 
Day Thirty - My Mini Me
 
My Mini-Me is absolutely my cousin Isabella. I adore this little girl and we've had a special bond her whole life. She's picked up things like 'always carry lip gloss and tissues, wear a cardi and own a clutch' from me ... on this day she was away and I slept all day as I was between nightshifts. So I decided to pay homage to the many occasions where we've dressed alike. My favourite is my 21st - three photos in this collage where she's in a pink dress and I am in a nude tulle dress - she told me that day that she 'had to buy a new dress because you did' and danced the night away with me and my friends. She is gorgeous and makes my world better.
 
Day Thirty One - Shiny
 
A silver beaded necklace that I had for a long time and barely worn. Great for some sparkle to distract from night shift tired eyes and no makeup. Loved it with a soft pink top, will be packing this to take away as I feel this will be a very easy accessory to add impact, especially after late nights!
 
 
I LOVE these challenges and am into April's Style Dare from Fox In Flats ... considering I am about to travel in two months I am finding so many outfit options or ways to lift an existing outfit combination to make it even better. It is not too late to join in for April! Either start tomorrow from Day Two or just catch up (quickly snap a pic for the Day One prompt and then move on). Let me know if you join the challenge so I can look out for you! I tag my shots with #foxinflatsstyledare and #forthestyleseekinggirl , feel free to do the same and I will definitely see them. Join the fun!
 
Here are April's prompts:
 
 
Look forward to seeing the shots for this month!  I definitely think the bar has raised! Take the plunge- I DARE YOU! Join us on Facebook - For the Style Seeking Girl
 
Sarah/Kooklah Xo
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment