Search This Blog

Friday, April 12, 2013

Another Month, Another Style Dare - April Week One


Have you ever looked in to your wardrobe and thought 'I have nothing to wear'? Or have had a heavy work schedule and seem to just reach for the same things in your wardrobe each time? I definitely have... but something has broken me out of this rut. This would be a style dare.
As regular readers of this blog would know, for the last couple of months I have been participating in style dares created by the stunning, funny and stylish Andrea from Fox in Flats. This month, there is another one. The idea is pretty basic, you get given a list of prompts - one prompt for each day of the month - and then style an outfit or look that has something to do with the prompt. Check out Andrea's post on April Style Challenge ... Below I have included the list of prompts.

SO much fun! One of my best friend's Emma is joining me this month - I have loved waiting to see what she has uploaded each day. We share on instagram - where most of the action is - using #forthestyleseekinggirl then mine are linked to facebook and twitter also (search for me @saregiak) Below I have included the first week of the style dare of both For the Style Seeking Girl and Emma - let us know if you have a favourite!

Week One: 01.04.13 - 07.04.13

Day One - Arm Party
 On a day that was stressful I welcomed the excuse (although I rarely need one) to wear a cluster of bracelets that sparkled and tinkled as I walked. I used a pearl necklace wrapped around my wrist as bracelets, a diamonte and crystal encrusted bracelet I picked up in Vegas, 2 silver bracelets with diamonte detail and two padlock chain bracelets. I also used my lovely BYS colour change nail polish (new post up on that soon!) to extend the fun... voila! Arm party!
 
Here is Emma's arm party! I love the use of a watch with the bracelets. Shiny, fun and practical!
I really love that Emma has used a colour theme, and it is perfect for use at work as well as play!
 
Day Two - Sparkles
 Had so much sparkle to choose from! Ended up choosing sparkly earrings, a tiered necklace that has a line of diamontes and sparkly silver chain bracelets. "Every girl should sparkle ..."
Emma wrote on instagram as a caption "Love some sparkles and glitter to brighten the day" ...and she definitely shone! A great collection of sparkle without been overbearing. Swarovski crystal studs, a sequinned grey tshirt from Portmans and purple glitter OPI 'Temptation' nail polish! LOVE this.
 
Day Three - Scarf
 Wanted to wear a scarf a bit differently and decided to use one of my favourite styles - a head scarf. I wore a beautifully patterned scarf then added some eyeliner paying homage to icons Brigitte Bardot and Jackie Onassis who have worn this style as well as Nicole Ritchie... using the scarf like this is a great way to highlight a curly hairstyle ... read - 'Embrace the Head Scarf' for more.
A beautiful blood orange scarf from Dotti. Emma said it is great for Autumn, it would also be a great scarf to travel with -would lift any outfit (and spirits after long days/nights) and could be used as a traditional head scarf for cultural purposes (temples, mosques) such as the trip to Dubai we're taking.
 
Day Four - Slick
Used Audrey Hepburn as my inspiration for a sleek and slick wet look chignon. Rarely wear my hair this slick and had so many compliments on it so I will try it again some day!

I love this look - so perfect and sleek. Front part with front section pinned at the side. Very classy.
 
Day Five - Bright Pink Lipstick
 Don't often wear such bright lip colours but I really enjoyed this day! I created this lip colour by using a nude lip liner as a base, then some white, shimmer gloss and on top of that I put Smashbox Be Legendary lipstick in Infrared. paired with a slick of eyeliner and mascara and my bright blue blazer.
Love this shade of lipstick too! Would look great on a night out! How pretty is my best friend!
 
Day Six - Boots
 Studded pleather open-toed, heeled boots with zip detail worn with cable knit leggings from Boohoo - one definite look for when I go away! LONDON here we come
I love this look, the suede camel boots paired with maroon jeans. Emma often pairs this with a top and a pearl coloured blazer - sensational!
 
Day Seven - Dress
 Wore one of my favouite summer shift dresses for a sunny, Sunday afternoon of good company and wine with my cousins. Add some wayfarers, a bun and some tinted moisturiser.. summer in April!
 The look I would use to take this dress from day to night - embellished belt, heels and accessories
One of the dresses Emma is planning to take away on our holiday.
This pretty dress is from Forever New. Love the pattern and design!
 
 

Have you been taking part in the dare? If so let me know and I will look out for your shots! You can follow me @saregiak or look out for my weekly wrap up posts on this blog, For the Style Seeking Girl or check us out on Facebook.

Kooklah/Sarah/For the Style Seeking Girl



No comments:

Post a Comment