Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

March Style Madness Week One



Loving this month's style challenge from Fox in Flats ... so much fun looking up the prompt each morning and styling an outfit or look. Here is the list for March - so many awesome prompts!

Love and looked forward to the following prompts in particular: Grr!, French, The Talking T, Madonna, Rock Chic, Bed Head, Black Beauty and My Mini Me...

Fox in Flats is the go-to place for style tips and tricks, created to help mothers stay and feel stylish despite time restrictions and sleep deprivation. I love this site and the fresh, fun and chic way Andrea conveys ideas and inspires others - what a role model! I am not a mother (and will be borrowing my adorable 9 year old cousin Isabella for prompt 30 - I call her my mini-me anyway) but find this site amazing - especially due to the long hours and shift work that are involved in my job.

Here are my pics which I uploaded to instagram (which are also shared in my twitter and facebook accounts) for Week One: 1st March - 7th March...

Day One - Grr!

Grr... pale pink leopard print top with a claw to show off the new matte bronze glitter manicure I had just got that afternoon! Always love some leopard print but aimed to wear something a little different.

Day Two - Black & White
 
A black and white polka dot no sleeve blouse worn open over a black shirt...
 
Day Three - Combat
 
Such a fun prompt! I wore my khaki jeans, a black singlet top with a white cheescloth type shirt worn open over the top. Paired with a brown military style jacket and my much-loved leopard print military style ballet flats. Attention to make up and hair takes this outfit from dress up to brunch appropriate!
 
Day Four - French
 
French, French, Frenchie! I aimed for the classic French style of minimalism. French women are so classic because they use simple fashion letting their natural beauty speak for itself.
To create this look, I used a striped shirt (light pink to stray away from the usual white and black), hair simply pinned back, pearl earrings and winged eyes (inspired by Bridgette Bardot). Then decided to add some red lips for a bit of a kick. Cannot wait to travel to Paris in May!
 
Day Five - Cuff 'em
 
I absolutley love a good cuff! This is one of my favourites, a silver linked cuff
 
Day Six - Twist & Pin
 
I pinned the front of my hair back into a quiff, then sectioned the remaining hair and twisted into knots fastening with bobby pins. It was a super hot day (37 degrees) and this style was a perfect way to beat flat or frizzy hair. It also reminded me of how my Mum used to do my hair when I was young. I was also super pleased when the lovely Christina from Hair Romance added my shot to her wrap up of this day on instagram (@hairromance -go follow for amazing hair styles!) 
 
Day Seven - Ruffle
 
Handkerchief ruffle bottomed dress from BooHoo UK check out the dress here.
Has a beautiful embellished neck, comfortable fit.
 
 
 
 
Are you taking part in the challenge? If so leave me a comment with where to find your pictures and I will have a look! Would love to see them. You can follow mine on instagram - @saregiak or just wait for my weekly updates here. Do you have a favourite shot from Week One?
Kooklah Xx
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment