Search This Blog

Sunday, March 3, 2013

FABruary Week Two!


Life got pretty busy in February, sorry I mean FABruary...
For those of you who are wondering if I have suddenly just changed the name of a month, you must have been living under a rock. Fabruary is the name given to a style dare by Andrea at Fox in Flats.

Anyway I was going to post each week with an update of my outfits styled via a prompt each day for those of you who do not connect with me via instagram ( @saregiak ) or twitter (@SarahGiak  @styleseekgirl)... I didn't get past week one with updating but made sure to keep up the challenge each day - today I am going to fire off some quick updates of Fabruary and then talk to you about the style dare put together for March! We are only three days in, so if you would love to try this start now! (you can catch up the first two days of the month or just start from now).

Prompt list:
Fabruary Week Two 08.02.13 - 14.02.13

Day Eight: Noisy
Created a stack of bracelets to add to a beaded cuff. Total arm candy. Used mixed sets from Eqiup, Venice Beach (L.A), Las Vegas, Jewellers. Inexpensive and expensive mixed together. I wrote about this trend loved by Nicole Ritchie and Blake Lively in Hint of Glamour #3
 
 
 
Day Nine: Killer Heels
These were the heels I wore for my 21st birthday.. Loved them! They went perfectly with my dress which finished above the knee, had multiple layers including tulle. These are nude suede with leather strips, called 'Spiderweb' found at ZU Shoes
 
 
 
Day Ten: Bright
A bright red sundress and bright accessories hanging in my wardrobe
 
 
 
Day Eleven: Belted
Trialing outfits for my next trip (European adventure), decided to use the sundress from Day Ten and make different versions of an outfit. This is my favourite - perfect for a casual dinner / night out.
 
 
 
Day Twelve: Orange Lipstick
Used two products from Nutrimetics - a lipstick and a lipgloss to create a tangerine hue. Peach cheeks, mascara and defined eyebrows completed the look.
(Note: the products used I had recieved a couple years ago - I am not sure if they are available. I used Brilliant Shine lipstick in Mandarin and Shimmer Gloss in Apricot)
 
 
 
Day Thirteen: Flats
Pink/Nude hued ballet flats with tiered gold zips with a sneaky leopard print inside!
 
 
 
Day Fourteen: Quiff
I love a good quiff, and was quite disappointed that my first nightshift back at work co-incided with this challenge. This was taken five minutes after I got home (at 8am) after starting work at 7pm the night before. A quick quiff woven in twists finishing in a messy knot at the base of my neck. Quickly followed by sleeping all day!!
 
 
 
So there you have it, my week two. For more pics search this hashtag - #fabruary on instagram and twitter. To look at the current style dare for March search #foxinflatsstyledare and find @foxinflats on instagram or twitter. If you join in let me know by commenting here, tagging me in your pic or use #forthestyleseekinggirl .... Which day this week did you like best?
 
Read on for Weeks 3 and 4, as well as the lowdown for March!
As always I look forward to you joining us on Facebook - For the Style Seeking Girl Facebook
 
Kooklah Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment