Search This Blog

Monday, February 11, 2013

Inspire Me Woman - Emma-Jane Adams


I Am Woman, Hear Me Roar...

Emma-Jane has just turned 23. She is a wife and a mother. 
Emma holds a deep love for the world of retro, nostalgia and Pin-Up, her modelling in this area is amazing and beautiful. She was recently featured in a photoshoot for Deadbeat Magazine and has entered competitions (announced as winner of the Miss Mini Madness Pin-Up competiton in 2011) and attends nostalgia festivals. Click the link for the Emma-Jane Facebook page. Read on to learn about the woman behind the name - her likes, dislikes, challenges and triumphs plus some beauty and style tips...

Can you briefly describe your job/career?
I work as a Cake Decorator, but I also work as a Pin-Up Model when I'm given the opportunity.

How did you get into the field you work in?
I fell into modeling after I was given money towards a Pin-Up photoshoot for my 21st birthday. After that I was contacted to shoot for clothing companies.



What do you like the most about it?
The things I love the most about Pin-Up modeling is getting to feel beautiful and glamorous when I'm in front of the camera. And being paid in clothes and beautiful hair accessories isnt so bad either.





What do you like the least?
I least enjoy the waiting time from finishing a shoot to actually seeing the final pictures. I'm always questioning if I could of done something better? Or did the shots turn out well?

What is your favourite colour?
My favorite colour is purple. It can be bright and calming, but can also be dark and mysterious.

Do you do your hair or makeup first when getting ready?
I do my makeup first when I'm getting ready, mainly because it takes the most amount of time.



Growing up what were your favourite styles/fashion trends?
I grew up loving the Spice Girls. So I've always loved big shoes and big hair I guess!

What are your current fashion favourites?
My fashion favorites never change. Pencil skirts and platform pumps!



If you could only use three makeup products what would they be?
Foundation, liquid eyeliner and red lipstick.

What is your signature look?
 I don't think I have a signature look. Although I'm sure my friends would say something like big lashes or big heels.



Where do you see yourself in five years?
In five years time I hope to have made my first magazine cover, and have studied makeup artistry.

What is something you have struggled or been challenged by lately?
Recently I found out my mum had Breast cancer. She's since had two major surgeries and she begins chemotherapy in a month. It's hard to deal with daily.

What has been the most exciting or satisfying moment for you professionally?
My biggest modeling dream came true last year when I was given the opportunity to shoot with amazing American photographer Shannon Brooke. With makeup by the very talented Jennifer Corona. The shoot was published in Deadbeat Magazine.


Do you have a quote or piece of advice that you use to live by or motivate you through life?
My favorite quote is from my idol Marilyn Monroe.
"Imperfection is Beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring..."

What is the piece of advice you give to others?
Advice I'd give to others would be Dream, Believe, Achieve! Everyone should always dream, and believe in themselves to achieve their dreams.

If someone wanted to break into your line of work, what would you tell them?
If girls wanted to become models I'd suggest paying to have some decent portfolio shots taken, this will help book future jobs.

 


Who are your role models? Why?
My role models are Marilyn Monroe and strangely enough Lady Gaga. I adore Marilyn I own all of her films and now enjoy them with my nearly four year old daughter. Alot of people dont realize how incredibly intelligent she actually was. I started off just enjoying Lady Gaga's music but I was soon very intrigued by her style and lyrics. She was bullied in high school but never let them break her spirit.

Who is your style icon?
My style icons are Dita Von Teese because she always has a very classy style. Christina Hendricks is also one of my favourites, she has a gorgeous figure and knows exactly how to dress her curves.



Do you have a style or beauty tip you can pass on to For the Style Seeking Girl's readers?
Always wear great underwear! A beautiful dress can be ruined by bad underwear. Always make sure you don't have a visible line, it ruins an outfit!

What was your dream job growing up?
I had a million dream jobs as a kid, like every kid. I wanted to be a truck driver, an astronaut, a hairdresser, a spice girl!

What is a guilty pleasure of yours?
Oak chocolate milk! It fixes everything!!
What is something you want to cross off your bucket list?
I'd like to travel to America and see New York covered in snow, and take my daughter to Disney Land.
Do you have a single moment or time that has changed your life?
Having my daughter changed my life in so many ways. She has made me experience true love. She makes me smile and laugh everyday, having her has made me see what is important in life.
I asked Emma if her daughter is following in her footsteps with fashion. Emma said she loves clothes and walks around in Emma's shoes! How cute! I used to do the same thing with my Mum haha.
 
What would you tell your 16 year old self?
I tell my 16 year old self to hold my head high and to believe in yourself!

What is a styling/beauty 'rule' that you follow/break?
I constantly break the rule to wash your makeup off before bed! I hardly ever take my makeup off after a night out. I'm lucky I don't breakout or have problem skin.

What would you like to pass on to future generations?
I'd like future generations to be educated on classic films and how simple life use to be. When women had class and real natural beauty.



What is a fashion/beauty trend you dislike?
I really don't like the super short shorts look. Where the pockets are longer then the shorts!! Girls leave nothing to the imagination these days.

What three things would you take with you on a desert island?
I'd take matches, bottled water and my makeup bag!

What is your favourite song?
Favourite song! That's such a hard question. I'd have to say Ave Maria, it is the song I walked down the isle to and I don't know what it is I just love it. And not the Beyonce version!

What is your favourite movie?
My all time favorite movie is Some Like it Hot with Marilyn Monroe.




 I really want to thank Emma for these fantastic responses, I was really moved at some of her answers, they are sincere and from the heart. Thank you for your honesty and for opening up and sharing your world with my readers. You have a big heart, and I was glad to write this article to share with my readers, but also for you to share with your followers.
Emma is participating in the Leukaemia Foundation World's Greatest Shave to show support to her Mum, click here  to sponsor and help Emma reach her goal! *photos obtained from the Emma-Jane facebook page with permission..

I would love to hear what you are thinking of the Inspire Me Woman series so far. Don't forget to click the link at the top of the page and head to Emma-Jane's facebook page. Find For the Style Seeking Girl facebook page here. Email kooklahstyle@gmail.com
Kooklah Xx













2 comments:

  1. Emma Jane is such a beautiful lady & a great role model. Perfect Pin-Up model.
    Can't wait to see new photos!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment Whitney! I will pass this on to Emma. Make sure you tell people about her cause and support if you can. Hope you return to the blog. Xx

      Delete