Search This Blog

Monday, July 23, 2012

Inspire Me Monday

Some days just need a bit more spark. Something to lift the spirits, keep the mind focused on the plans and dreams yet to come. Give you a secret smile that will have others captivated and wondering what you are thinking about. So here goes, my list of five things that are inspiring me at the start of this week, something to make Monday not-so-blue.



Smelling of daisies...
 I have long wanted to own a bottle of 'Daisy' by Marc Jacobs, one of my friends once bought it a few years ago and I have always loved the smell. It is so fresh, light, girly. Perfect. I finally own it :)



Fashion in Colour...
The last few days I have been drawn to this colour combination (see below) and I crafting an outfit in it. I love the clean, fresh, minimalist and summery feel that using white, gold and turquoise acheives, it is also effortlessly stylish. Makes me feel like I should be sunning on the Greek Islands or sipping Sangria in Italy looking at good-looking Italian men. One of my summer style picks for sure!






Travel Inspiration...
We all know the story of Romeo and Juliet, lovers igniting a war between families, by William Shakespeare. This balcony in Verona, Italy is the balcony used as inspiration for that very story. Due to this, I have always wanted to spend a few days in Verona, looking up to that balcony and imagining Juliet looking down, to see the wall of love letters and to write my own.






A Light Laugh, or Two...
My brother and I are watching Seinfeld, in order. We have seen nearly every episode previously but not in the order they were first screened or released. It has become one of my favourite past-times and we are halfway through (goal is to finish it this year). Kramer-the hilarious, scattered and intriguing neighbour of Jerry is a brilliant creation whose madness sometimes makes your mind marvel.






Shoe-spiration...
I was shopping the other day and found a fabulous pair of shoes at one of my favourite shops ZU. They are called 'Sunrise' -white lace with silver sparkle, 14.5cm heel and 5.5cm platform which elongates my legs. They are beautiful shoes, a work of art. I am considering wearing them in Vegas.



What has inspired the start to your week? Kooklah Xx

2 comments:

  1. Those are the shoes I bought for my wedding in November, I LURVE them and am just busting for another opportunity to wear them!

    x

    www.lifestylen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wedding just gone or happening this year?
      I love mine... but will sinfully admit I have not yet worn them. I don't want to ruin them haha.
      Longest I have ever gone without wearing a new pair of shoes! X

      Delete