Search This Blog

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Hint of Glamour- #2

So many of you liked the first Hint of Glamour post I wrote that I decided to make it a regular post series.
The focus today is, one of my favourite celebrities, Lauren Conrad (yes-I have Lauren fever!).

There are so many possible outfits or looks from Lauren that I could use for this post, but I am going to focus on two aspects in particular- the long-sleeved shift dress and low ponytail. Both are simple but elegant looks, which when used in combination offer a chic and classic look. This look is perfect for brunch with the girls, shopping or family parties but can also be glam for birthdays or nights out. Below I have included a few different outfits from Lauren using atleast one of these aspects. Lauren's low ponytail is often wavy, which adds a fun vibe whereas a straight, sleek low ponytail is perfect for work or to help achieve a minimalistic look (Click here for a fantastic blog on minimalism).

Lauren Look One: The Hills Season 6 (and series) Finale Party

Mid-rise ponytail, streamlined slightly volumised
height at the front teamed with loose waves.
This hairdo is fun and party perfect.
The dress is fitted without been too tight (allowing easy
movement), the green matches Lauren's eyes and pops
against her hair and skin tone. Nude pumps perfectly complete
the outfit. This is an outfit which easily goes from day to night








Lauren Look Two: Lauren Clothing Line Launch at Kohl's

Love! This look takes a glam and edgy ensemble
and combines the sleek hairdo with a perfect smokey eye.
The result is effortlessly chic, brilliant for a night out!



This is a trend I am planning on really trying out this winter!
Let me know what you think, do you like this look? Do you have a favourite 'Lauren Look?'
Would love to hear from you,
Kooklah Xx



2 comments:

  1. I'm an Australian who has just moved to the US (from the UK!), I was in Kohl's yesterday (a bit like Target) and they have a range of Lauren Conrad clothes, I've read her book about Style so checked them out... Really nice and very well priced! Picked up a lovely floaty throw over for $17 :-)
    She sure is one stylish lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Lovely to hear from you.. How are you finding the US? I am about to go on a holiday over there.. very excited for an adventure but also to look at the style people wear. Thanks for the tip! I have wanted to have a piece of Lauren's Collection, so will be checking it out!

      Would love to hear from you again, Kooklah

      http://www.facebook.com/ForTheStyleSeekingGirl

      Delete