Search This Blog

Friday, December 23, 2011

building inner confidence

I love the saying "Always make an effort as you never know who you will meet". I think it provides a sense of hope but also motivation ... I know on difficult days I always feel better after abit of time focusing on me. Whether it's my makeup routine, styling my hair or putting together an outfit often I'll have music on as I do so, I leave feeling happy, confident and positive about myself and the day or night out will involve. This confidence or the smile it brings is what makes other people notice. You're more likely to make friends, meet a boy or have a positive impact on someone with this feeling - including creating a positive outlook for yourself. While it isn't solely makeup or clothes that can give you this boost.. I think they definitely help! Below is a list of items that make me feel confident and amazing 99% of the time * a pair of heels or wedges- boost height, highlight legs and make calf muscles stand out * a little black dress (lbd) -I have one that has a frill out the front and back and falls to just above knee length whilst skimming over problem areas. * my black skinny jeans- they are worn in and so comfortable * feminine underwear - frills, lace, or the new sequin /beaded bra I just bought from Kiss My Button Vintage (kissmybuttonvintage.com or facebook.com/kissmybuttonvintage) providing a secret boost! * a fitted yet not skin tight dress - my current face is a hot pink, v neck dress that falls above the knee, fitted around the bust and waist. Love it. * patterned stockings -define your legs and add a cute, sexy, cheeky feel. * perfume - smell good and other people notice. I love Anna Sui's babydoll, and Sarah Jessica Parker's lovely, the SJP perfume has actually resulted in people telling me how good I smell, long after I can smell sit-in if that doesn't make you feel good, what will? * combing my long eyelashes so they really stand out putting a couple flicks of mascara, instant eyeboost, Flirty eyes! * bronzer or blush, contours face, highlights cheekbones ..blush creates a feminine feel for me where bronzer makes me feel sexy and reminds me of summer * eyeliner -defines eyes * white eyeshadow- blend and the result is eyes that stands out, makes your eyes look bigger * free flowing straight, waved or loosely curled hair One of these or a combination is guaranteed to ensure an inner confidence for me personally, what does that for you? K, Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment